Whether you’ve owned a jet ski for a while or just got one, you may be seeking ideas to maximize your enjoyment along with safety. Here are some jet ski safety equipment ideas for you.
- Buoyancy Aid: You should always wear these when out on the water, no matter what. These are required by the law since they can be your lifesaver in adverse situations.
- VHF Handheld Radio: There are very compact handheld VHF jet ski radios available that you may carry around with you. Take them so that you can call for help in case of emergency, or make immediate touch with the Coast Guard. When you are under of any kind distress, then perhaps that boat can come to you quicker and aid you wherever the possible situation
- Inshore Flare Pack: Used in rescue operations, flare packs effectively designate the location, they can also help determine the direction of the wind. This pack has 2 red hand flares and two orange hand flares.
- Sand Anchor: It is basically a bag you fill with rock or sand. It will provide a firm rooting to anchor your boat to the shore.
- Rope: They are very important for docking up so you can go and have a walk around wherever you are.
- Wetsuit and Drysuit: wetsuit and wet footwear keep you warm and comfortable when you’re on the water. Whereas, a dry suit will keep you warm on the shore and keep dirt and dust off you.
- Lanyard: This is the equipment to shut off the engine in the event that the rider falls into the water. It’s always recommended to always keep two lanyards on the boat.
To know more about jet skis and their safety equipment you can check out Jetski Essential Safety Equipment on youtube.
Near Uddin Ahmad is a chief content writer and editor in Helmets Advisor. He is a dedicated writer with first-hand experience with helmets as he actually loves traveling and hiking to keep his footprint on the surface of the earth.
That’s why his testing and inspecting of helmets and accessories is trustworthy to present to potential users. Besides, he usually provides authentic and liable suggestions with value-added that help pick the best helmets on the go.