If your helmet chinstrap tore up or is disabled, you will need to change it immediately. Changing the helmet strap isn’t difficult if you know the tricky part. Whatever you don’t know, here is how to do that
- To change your helmet strap, you will need to buy one first. You can see a double d-ring chin strap, quick-release chin strap, etc. Choose what you want, order online, or buy from any local store
- Make sure that you are getting installation hardware without which you can’t install the strap
- The strap comes with two sides, the clip on one side and the loop on another side. We will attach the clip with the D rings first. Put the clips another side of the rings and just clip it
- Now we need to install the belt on another side of the helmet. Probably, this part of your helmet strap includes a button that will need to remove or cut down to make it work. If so, cut it thoroughly
- Use a gaslight to give heat and harden the edge of the straps. Install the hardware first and pass the belt toward it
- Your new helmet strap is set up and now you can take the helmet anywhere you want
You can change your own helmet strap, it is as simple. Watch this video for help.
Near Uddin Ahmad is a chief content writer and editor in Helmets Advisor. He is a dedicated writer with first-hand experience with helmets as he actually loves traveling and hiking to keep his footprint on the surface of the earth.
That’s why his testing and inspecting of helmets and accessories is trustworthy to present to potential users. Besides, he usually provides authentic and liable suggestions with value-added that help pick the best helmets on the go.